Friday, December 28, 2012

Change of Plans

     The Russian government has passed into law the bill to ban all US adoptions from Russia.  This news was devastating to us.  I had heard horror stories of countries closing their orphanges to international adoptions but I never imagined it would happen in Russia.  Americans have been adopting beautiful children from there for decades. 
We had our hearts set on Russia.  We thought this was were God was leading us.  But our clear path has now become very foggy.  We are not sure where we go from here.  We are still planning to adopt internationally, but now we are not sure if we are staying with our current agency or will have to find a different one.  There are lots of questions and not many answers at this point. 
I wish I had more of my husband's simple faith.  He keeps telling me that God will take care of us and everything will work out just fine.  He has even started talking to people about other countries that might be available to us that we had not even considered.  He keeps me smiling and trying to look at the bright side of things.  I hope one day we will be able to look back and this time and see how God was moving in our lives, but for now,  I can only see a few feet in front of me. 
     Thanks for sticking with us and I will keep you updated as the journey continues.  We wish you a very Happy New Year and we look forward to what God has in store for us in 2013.

 

 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.     Jeremiah 29:11





 

7 comments:

  1. Just an FYI...
    The Chapel has a very deep connection with China and the adoption agency over there...most people are able to adopt within a year...
    I can get you more information if you are interested.

    In the meantime, so sorry to hear this!!! We will continue to pray for you and Kevin!! The verse you posted is our life verse...you know that God has amazing things in store for you and already has your daughter(s) chosen for you!!
    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for this block in the road. The Lord knew this before you started the process, so He has a plan.
    Love
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for keeping the faith in your journey to adoption, I will be praying for both of you as you continue the adoption process!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the child who is waiting for you is in another country and maybe you wouldn't have known this if this hadn't happened? Who knows... Regardless, I love you and will continue to pray for you and Kevin and which path to take now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Kevin - God has a plan and it will come to pass. Praying for you to find peace in the unknown!
    Miss you guys!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. God has a plan. Praying for His peace and guidance!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandra, I was not even aware of this "adventure" in your life. (How did I not know this?) :) I have a friend who's daughter is in the process of adopting her 2nd child. This little girl will be from a different country than their son. They are quite knowledgeable about international adoptions. Let me know if you would like to contact her.

    God is faithful. He sees the entire picture. He doesn't usually allow us to see much more than a few feet in front of us. :) Trust Him. He will do even more than you can ask or imagine. I will pray for wisdom & His perfect peace through this trying time.


    ReplyDelete