Friday, December 7, 2012

Adoption rocks

Today is a good day to be inside snuggled on the couch.  I am thankful to have this quiet time as this has been a busy week.  My husband is the athletic trainer at the local high school, so this time of year is pretty hectic with basketball games and other sports.  I usually try to go to the basketball games because sometimes that is the only way I will be able to see him that day!  I stayed home last night while our team was playing because I had some Christmas shopping to do and the paperwork is still waiting for me!
 There are only a few things left on my list to do.  Kevin and I both worked on our autobiographies this week.  Mine is done, I just need to proof read it.  Kevin's is not quite done yet, but he has promised to work on it today.   The autobiographies give the adoption agency a sense of who you are as an individual and who you are as a couple.  They use this information to match you with the child that will best be suited for you.
 I will get my medical release form signed today and then I will send what is completed to our agency.  Thankfully we don't have to wait until all the papers are completed and we can send the forms in as we get them done. 
I also worked on starting a T-Shirt fundraiser with a company called Adoption Bug (www.adoptionbug.com).  This company will let you set up a fundraising site and get a portion of the proceeds to help fund your adoption. I sent in my application last night and will let you know when it is up and running!  The "adoption rocks" graphic came from one of the shirts they sell on this site. 
Thanks for joining me this morning. I wish I could stay longer, but a woman's work is never done!  I have a house to clean and errands to run before I head out to an away basketball game this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment